How do we best care for each other, for our children, for exhausted healthcare workers, and for those who are immunocompromised?
These questions are regularly discussed by Second Presbyterian’s Coronavirus Transition Team & our Session. We meet regularly to review the actions we can and should take so that our Second Family can gather safely and joyfully for worship and fellowship, particularly considering the more virulent Coronavirus Omicron strain:
- Choir has now resumed, and Director of Music Bob Shoup will direct on masking based on the comfort level of the choir.
- Both Adult and Children’s Sunday School classes are back in person at Second!
- Sunday worship will still be both virtual and in person.
- Masks and social distancing are now optional for in-person worship.
- Masks are available for anyone who needs one.
- We have returned Bibles and hymnals to our pews.
- Fellowship hour, and eating together, have resumed, but we will enjoy fellowship hour outdoors when the weather permits.
- We will also enjoy events outdoors whenever possible.
- Please join us for online worship if you feel concerned or unwell.
- Outside groups who use or wish to use our facilities can do so after registering or re-registering with our church office. For questions, please contact Katie White at 757-423-2822.