June 1, 2021
WORSHIP AT SECOND PRESBYTERIAN DURING THIS TIME OF TRANSITION
As society opens up in new ways, we at SPC are trying to balance optimistic CDC reports with the continued challenges faced both by those who are immunocompromised and by children, who cannot yet be vaccinated.
After meeting, our Transition Committee has created several specific policies and protocols as we move forward at the church.
- the all-church retreat on June 5
- June 13, worship (which will be only outdoors)
- June 20 Bible study (at 10:15, with Pownd Cake by Jen)
- the June 27 reception after church with cookies, lemonade, and tea reception on the deck.
- There is no longer a need to register for Sunday worship
- Physical distancing in the sanctuary will be reduced, with our sitting in every other row, not every third row.
- Singers on the chancel who are leading worship will not wear masks when they are singing. (Note: They are vaccinated).
In anticipation of our having the opportunity to return to worship, here are some insights and creative thoughts from Nurse Peggy on hand washing, face masks, and social distancing.
We are very much hoping that numbers do not rise in the next two weeks. We want to do everything we can to return to normal. The Transition Committee will meet again mid-June to think through next steps.
Thank you for your prayers for those who still suffer because of this disease, for your support as we navigate this terrain, and for your patience.